Friday, March 13, 2009

Mom Insight

So there I am, subbing Wednesday night at the SL temple, and an ordinance worker whom I didn't know walks up to me and starts talking with no introduction:

"In our mission there was an old-woman missionary named Ireta Head who enjoyed playing basketball with the young elders. She was quite a person. She always complained about how difficult it was to get people ready for baptism, but she and her companion baptized more than anyone else. They were the ones to keep up with. I don't remember the name of her companion or many others anymore, but I'll never forget her or her name."

Of course that is only a synopsis of what he said. I admitted yes, that was my mother and it sounds typical, but those were details I had never heard before.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love that picture, and the story is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.