Saturday, December 13, 2008

Six Year Old Ambiguity


Tom, with a bachelors degree in sports medicine, travels with the Ute girl's volleyball team to provide first-line treatment for injuries and other medical issues. As the girls have swept into and through the national play-offs, Tom has been out of state more often than at home, including the entire Thanksgiving weekend.

Six year old Claire follows the exploits of the girls team with interest and appreciation, but she does miss Daddy and has become aware that his extended absences will terminate only when the girls lose.

The girls swept the preliminaries and made it to the "Sweet 16" in Seattle -- where their long winning streak ended.

"Guess who's coming home," offered Michelle.

"Daddy!?"

"Yes."

"Did the girls lose last night?" Claire asked, disgruntled.

"Yes."

"Awesome!" she stated without the slightest disgruntle.

2 comments:

Jeff and Amy said...

Claire's too cute! My blog hasn't been telling me when you update your blog, except for this time, which is kind of weird. Not sure why. Anyway, I love you!

ProudPapa said...

Thanks, Sweetheart. I love you, too. Check the blog again. I managed to upload a picture! (I'm so proud of myself.)